The Vancouver Aquarium team has been busy getting ready for spring break fun! From March 11 to 26, we’re extending our hours from 930 a.m. to 6 p.m. and adding more programs and shows (view the schedule). Here are some not-to-be-missed experiences at the Aquarium this spring break.
1. Take a waddle on the wild side. Watch a training session with one of our African penguins as they venture inside. Our new Meet a Penguin program provides a change of scenery and an enrichment opportunity for the penguins as well as a chance to get up close with these curious animals for visitors. Watch the program at 2:30 p.m. daily in the Teck Engagement Gallery.
2. Catch up with rescued sea otter pups, Mak, Kunik, and Rialto. Spend some time with these playful animals and watch them as they frolic in their habitat. See what the otters are doing now via our live underwater otter cam.
3. Spend some quality family time. Learn about the aquatic world with the help of our puppet friends. Tailored for children ages 8 and younger, our Puppet Show is fun for both the young and the young at heart. Watch the show at 10:45 a.m. daily and at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in Canada’s Arctic Underwater.
4. Enjoy lunch at our Café. Choose from tasty visitor favourites and daily specials, such as chili, soup and lasagna, created by our acclaimed executive chef Ned Bell. And indulge in a new mini donut sundae – yum!
5. Dive into a feeding frenzy from the safety of our 4-D theatre. Catch a screening of the new, exhilarating 4-D film, Coastal Predators, which documents the greatest gathering of ocean predators on the planet. Screenings begin at 10:45 a.m. with shows every 30 minutes until 5:15 p.m. daily in our theatre.