Are you tired of all the shaving, plucking and waxing being done to your skin? A good alternative would be to get laser hair removal. If you are not yet familiar with how to go about such a treatment, read below for some tips that can help you.
1. Make sure that it is the right choice for you – don’t just get a laser hair removal treatment because it’s the trend and everyone you know is getting it. You need to make sure that it is the right one for you. Know that there you still have other choices. Laser hair removal is quite a long process as it requires multiple sessions. If you’re the busy type and you have difficulty taking time out from work, this may not be for you. This treatment can also be expensive, so if you are on a budget, you can opt for cheaper options.
2. Steer clear of tanning beds during treatment – if you are decided to getting the treatment, you need to steer clear of tanning before the actual treatment day. Actually, it’s not just tanning, but exposure to the sun in general that you must avoid. Give yourself a few weeks of avoiding the sun and tanning beds in order to get the best results for your treatments. Being exposed to the sun can result in some permanent damage to your skin because it can cause your skin to become more sensitive to heat so exposing it to laser can cause hyperpigmentation.
3. Make sure to use sunscreen every day – it is already a given that you need to wear sunscreen every day so that your skin will be protected from the UV rays. In fact, experts say that even if you do not go out of the house or office and you mostly stay indoors, it is still necessary for you to put on sunscreen. Much more so when you undergo this treatment. Aftercare is very important when undergoing any treatment so make sure to take care of your skin by using a broad range of sunscreen that can protect against UVA and UVB rays.
4. Let your skin heal after the treatment – it might be tempting to show off your smooth, hairless skin after you are done with all your treatment, but you need to know that when you undergo laser hair removal, your pores are actually opened up which makes your skin more vulnerable to infections and the like. It is important to allow your skin to recuperate, so it is better to avoid places like the beach, pool, sauna or even the gym for at least a couple of days. Also, do not exfoliate your skin for at least a week after the treatment.
5. Make sure that you get the treatment from a reputable clinic – more importantly, you need to look for a clinic that will make sure that you get the best service. Don’t just choose the cheapest one, because they might not be as experienced and that may lead to devastating results which cannot be reversed. Dermani Medspa boasts not just of quality treatment sessions but also top of the line technology to ensure that you will get efficient and excellent service.