If you are camping for the first time there is much you need to learn and know in order to be a happy camper. In everything we do, at once we were all beginners and even expert campers can tell a funny story about what happened in a campground. Sometimes even the experienced campers overlook things from time to time hence it should not be a surprise for new campers to learn things the hard way. It is every new camper’s wish to be a smart camper. This needs you to learn so as to avoid making mistakes that new campers often make. Here are tips for camping for the first time.
1. Make and use a checklist. It can be disgusting getting to the campground and find out that you are missing something. Therefore, it is essential to overlook your checklist before leaving for a camp. You do not only need to keep a checklist but also staying organized to ensure that everything you need is not left behind. The list found here is essential when packing as you will check off each item. Your list should be updated and revised that is replacing worn out items and removing items that seem unnecessary. Use of a good checklist makes you a smart camper.
2. Be familiar with your gear. Before you get to the campground it is important you visit it and ensure that your gear will fit. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect, it is important you practice setting up your tents at your backyard before taking them camping. In addition, make sure that your camp stoves and lanterns are working properly.
3. Arrive at the campground early enough. It’s common for new campers to be unfamiliar with campground amenities and rules. Therefore, it is important you arrive at the campground early enough so that you can see the layout of the campground and learn what is required of you. This will help you set up your tents and also keep your campground neighbors happy.
4. Consider location. Due to lack of camping experience, it’s important you camp close to your home. Basically, don’t travel far. This is because you may not be comfortable to sleep on the ground for the first time, experience problems with your gear and find out that you need another tent, weather changes which can affect your health, and also run out of food. These things can make you miss your home, hence it’s important you camp near your home.
5. Buy and bring sufficient tents and clothing. Being comfortable is a priority for every camper, therefore, it is essential you buy a tent that is big enough to avoid overcrowding in a tent. Also, it is essential you carry enough and sufficient clothing. This because there are no laundries in campgrounds, and weather may require you to have different attires.
Camping is what almost everyone does during the summer and from the above tips, you are good to camp. Am sure you will love it.
Leave a Reply