Buying gifts can be stressful—there are so many things to consider, especially for the person who has everything! This year, why not give someone the gift of smart tech that is beautiful and helpful?
Alfred, a smart lock company, creates smart locks that reflect the perfect balance between sleek design, security and usability, because smart home products shouldn’t require compromise between style or function. With Alfred, you no longer have to choose. And, with quick and easy installation, anyone can upgrade their home.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Create up to 20 pin codes, including one-time codes and time-sensitive codes.
- Simply unlock the unit with a touch when your phone is nearby with One-Touch access.
- Away mode blocks all pin codes except the master code, triggering an alarm if the door is opened.
- Visual pin protection allows users to use numbers in addition to their pin number, making it more difficult to discern the actual code.
- Control via Amazon Alexa or Google Home when using the Alfred Connect WiFi Bridge
- Eliminate the need for a “key under the mat” by creating time-sensitive pin codes for dog walkers, baby sitters and guests
- Perfect for short term rentals
- Great for seniors who live alone and who might have caretakers coming in/out
Price: $199 – $279 USD (dependent on model)
There are a number of Alfred products and I recommend that you check them all out to see which one is the right fit for you or your loved one this holiday season. For MomMomOnTheGo, we put the DB2-B and the Alfred Connect – Wifi Bridge to the test.
Our keyed-entry lock option, allowing you to use a custom key as backup. Featuring an elegant key entry point with swivel cover and the same touchscreen operation as the DB2. Includes Bluetooth connectivity for One-Touch access, allowing you to simply touch the unit while your phone is nearby to open the lock. An optional Alfred Connect Wifi Bridge allows you to operate the lock remotely and adds Google Home Assistant or Alexa voice control support.
- Assign up to 20 unique PIN codes
- Connects via Bluetooth to the Alfred Home App
- Status indicator lights
- Voice prompts in multiple languages
- Privacy mode
- Network ready
You can also connect your DB2 to your smart hub using the Z-Wave Module, allowing you to control your lock and all of your other smart devices from one system.
Free Shipping in Continental US & Canada
The Alfred Connect Wi-Fi Integration System gives complete control of your Alfred Smart Lock. Simply pair this Wi-Fi bridge with the smart lock to unlock or secure your door from any location around the world using your smartphone with internet connectivity. This bridge can be integrated with Google Assistant and Alexa for extra convenience.
- Works with any Alfred smart lock and provides remote access from any location around the world via the Alfred Home App
- Built-in Wi-Fi technology enables internet connectivity and allows you to control your Alfred smart lock from your smartphone (Requires stable wifi internet connection within your home)
- Compatible with Google Home Assistant and Amazon Alexa to allow control using voice commands
MomMomOnTheGo and crew have been using smartlocks for some time now and I had one door that did not have one. I was excited for the Alfred DB2-B as I wanted to be able to get in and out of my side garage door from the backyard without having to constantly go grab a key.
Here is everything we love about our Alfred:
- Our model has a key override. We like this option as a back up.
- A touchscreen keypad that is smooth and looks very modern.
- Up to 20 pin codes allow us to give everyone their own code.
- Voice prompt is a very cool feature.
- If needed you have the ability to use what they call privacy mode, which blocks out all codes except the master code.
- With the Alfred Bluetooth App, you can use one-touch to enter with the use of your phone.
- There is an away mode that blocks out all codes except for the master code. If the Alfred is unlocked from the inside or with a key an alarm will sound.
- You can integrate your Alfred into Google Assistant or Alexa if you use either. We are a Google Assistant family. 🙂
- Alfred lets you know when your batteries are low.
- Easy to install.
Adding in the Alfred Connect gives additional features:
- Check lock status anytime, anywhere.
- Control your locks from your phone when you are not home.
- Know who is coming and going.
- You can receive an alert when someone unlocks your door.
- If you have multiple Alfred locks, you can control each with CONNECT.
The Alfred smart home products are perfect for:
- Busy families.
- Rental properties.
- Be able to give access to friends or workers.
- Techies who love smart gadgets and making their home a smart home.
To find out more about all of the Alfred smart home products and models make sure to check them out here:
Disclosure: MomMomOnTheGo was provided product for the purpose of conducting this review. As always, MomMomOnTheGo only supports companies, products, and services that she loves. Affiliate links are sometimes used in reviews on MomMomOnTheGo.