Undoubtedly, kids love YouTube more than TV. It gives them an array of opportunities in terms of browsing — gain knowledge, entertain, learn, play, and be creative. But at the same time, there is a fact that everything on this video-sharing service is not child-friendly. Indeed, for parents, it is one of the major concerns.
Hence, it is highly essential to take this into consideration. And that demands following the considerable tactics to make Youtube a fully protective online space. We are here with those; let’s begin.
Significantly, it is vital to know what children are watching. For that, you must keep close supervision of them. As TV comes with its own challenges, the other essential social norms offer safety. Indeed, its feasibility is not always confirmed.
Turning off the searches ensures that children are not seeing or roaming the YouTube content alone. All you need to follow the below steps to disable the searches:
- Select the Lock from the lower corner on the right-hand side of the screen
- Answer the question or fill in the passcode asked
- Choose the Settings gear
- Select your kid and fill in the google password **
- Deselect the option of allowing searching
**You can implement this process for every kid you like to implement this rule from your account.
Another trick in our pocket to make the experience safer for children is to choose the restricted mode. The mature content will be determined when enabled, and the kids cannot watch it.
Some steps are required to be followed to enable it:
- Select the profile picture from the Youtube app.
- Choose the settings.
- Turn on the Restricted mode.
Note: You can even turn on this mode from the website. In addition to the left side of the bottom of the homepage, choose the settings. From the bottom of the settings, select the “restricted mode,” turn it on, and save.
Indeed, you, as a parent, need to watch the news and other knowledgeable content. And you can easily and quickly disable the restricted mode. You can visit the link to get the related information: https://setapp.com/how-to/turn-off-youtube-restricted-mode. This can be done on the browser or the application also:
Instructions to disable the restricted mode on the browser:
- Select the profile from youtube.com from the top corner on the right-hand side.
- Move to the bottom and choose Restricted Mode: On
- Disable the activated restricted mode. The color will change from blue to gray.
Instructions to disable the restricted mode from the application:
- Select the profile from the YouTube application from the top corner on the right-hand side.
- Navigate from Settings-> general->Restricted Mode.
- Choose the turn it off option, and the color will change.
You never know when a problematic video can appear, even when additional security measures are applied. So, it is better to play safe than any doubtful circumstances.
You can select the three dots in the right-hand side’s upper corner.
For reporting it, you need to give the reasons such as inappropriate visuals, questionable audio, or more. Other than this, you can even block the video; it will not let this video appear again.
Restricting your kid from watching inappropriate content is in your hands. Online space has given us many options that, when implemented rightly, can make YouTube a safer channel to watch.
Now you have the list, play your part well. Also, remember that YouTube has guidelines that no one below 13 years should use it.