SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH
Vancouver, BC – Flats Fest, a free, family-friendly community event organized by Low Tide Properties and PCI Developments will take place Saturday, August 26 – and feature performances from some of Vancouver’s top emerging artists, beer garden, food trucks, artisan market, live entertainment, and an all-ages kids-zone.
Flats Fest will take place from 2 pm to 6 pm on the plaza outside 565 Great Northern Way (a 15 min walk from Olympic Village or a 14 min walk from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) – and highlights include:
- LIVE MUSIC – Discover your new favorite artist at the live music stage. Showcasing Canadian talent:
- Hayley Wallis
- Cody Lawless
- KIDS ZONE – Fun for the whole family including free ice cream from Rain or Shine (while supplies last), Science World live demonstrations, a virtual reality car racing activation by VCC, character appearances, craft stations, a bouncy castle, balloon art, glitter tattoos and more.
- ARTISAN MARKET – Curated by Made in the 604, with an array of handmade goods from small, local businesses PLUS free hand massages, polishing services and cupcakes from Vancouver Community College
- BEER GARDEN – Refreshing drinks from Red Truck Beer Company, Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits, and 1933 Liquor Co.
- NEMESIS COFFEE – Enjoy a Flats Fest feature cocktail on the Nemesis patio.
- FOOD TRUCKS – Enjoy a variety of delicious food from local favorites.
- PAINTILLIO – Collaborate on a custom art project featuring Coast Salish artwork by Cory Douglas
Join us ahead of Flats Fest, at China Creek Park North, from 1pm-2pm for a free community workout led by TurF, Kin Culture and Feel Good Everyday. Attendees will receive a free meal voucher at the Food Truck Zone.
This event has come together through participation and support from Vancouver Community College, Emily Carr University, Electronic Arts & Respawn, Science World,Tim Horton’s, Steve’s Poke Bar, Axiom Zen, Chinook Therapeutics, and the Learning Disabilities Society.
“We are incredibly excited to host our first community event in the South Flats neighborhood.”, said Jaclyn Murphy, Director of Asset Management for Low Tide Properties. “The South Flats is home to many talented residents & creative businesses, and we are thrilled the community has come together to launch the first, of what we hope, is a continued series of events in this neighborhood.”
Getting to the Festival: Plan your trip using https://www.translink.ca/trip-planner. There will be a free bike valet on Carolina Street. There is limited free parking available at 565 Great Northern Way. We encourage attendees to bike, walk, electric scooter or use Uber / Lyft.
To learn more about Low Tide Properties, please visit: https://www.lowtideproperties.com/
To learn more about PCI Developments, please visit: https://pci-group.com/
About Low Tide:
Founded in 2010, Low Tide Properties does things differently than your regular real estate company – with every action born from a deep love for Vancouver, and through a belief in the City’s character and beauty, Low Tide goes above and beyond when it comes to investing in local properties and are a people-first company.