I recently came across Gravid Weighted Blankets and with hearing a lot about weighted blankets and the many benefits that they provide, I knew I had to check one out.
When purchasing your Gravid Weighted Blanket, you first need to decide on the size you are looking for and the choices they have are Twin or Queen.
Once you know which size you need, then the big decision is which weight to pick. Heavier is not necessarily better for weight, the weight choice depends on the person that will be using the weighted blanket…
If you are 100 to 160 lbs, then the 15 lb weighted blanket is the right choice. Over 160 lbs and the 20 lb weighted blanket is designed for you. Based on weight, we ordered the 15 lb Gravid Weighted Blanket.
Once you know your size and weight, you have an option of which Gravid Cover best suits your style and needs.
- EcoBreeze Cover – silky, breathable colling cover
- MicroPlush Cover – Cozy, extra-soft sensory cover
Of course, you can choose to get both covers and the EcoBreeze Cover would be perfect in the warmer months and the MicroPlush Cover, which is the one we opted for, is perfect for the cooler months.
The quality of the Gravid Weighted Blanket and MicroPlush Cover is beyond what I had expected. My first concern was how is this weighted blanket going to stay put in the cover…and then I opened the Gravid blanket and cover and saw that they were perfectly designed to have the weighted blanket zip right into the cover.
The 15 lb weighted blanket is more than enough weight for me. My 12-year-old who falls in the weight range also put the Gravid Weighted Blanket to the test and found that she liked it. My 12-year-old flips and flops like crazy when she sleeps and although I could tell from the state of the blanket in the morning that she was still moving around in her sleep, her bed did not look like a tornado had just gone through so I feel that the weighted blanket helped provide a more restful and less restlessness sleep.
If you are looking for a weighted blanket for your little one and they weigh between 50 and 100 lbs, Gravid has a Junior blanket that weighs in at 7 lbs.
I am the type of person that likes the weight of blankets on me. Even in warmer months, I like to have a cover over me as it feels more comfortable. Having the Gravid Weighted Blanket provides the perfect weight. It is comforting, relaxing, and soothing. It is a bit more weight than what is normally on me so it took me a bit to get used to the weight especially as moving around, but I do feel that it provides a comfort level that calms restlessness. I often have restless legs and weight on my legs helps with this a lot.
The MicroPlus Cover is spectacular. It is so soft which adds another layer of comfort. I love soft blankets so much and adding the MicroPlush Cover was an amazing option for me.
I like that Gravid is a Canadian company. Here are some other things that I like about Gravid…
- Gravid 3.0 and the EcoBreeze Cooling Cover are made of Tencel™ Lyocell which is naturally-derived, sustainable and biodegradable. You’re taking care of yourself and the environment!
- Measuring 60×80″, Queen Gravid 3.0 is 28% larger than other weighted blankets so you can snuggle up without worrying about losing coverage.
- Smaller stitched compartments means the weight in Gravid 3.0 remains up to 4x more evenly distributed than competitors!
- The Gravid 3.0 Weighted Blanket and its covers are machine-washable &dryer-safe.
- Gravid 3.0 features a double-stitched grid design along with 7-layer construction to ensure the weight stays evenly distributed for a lifetime. No leaking beads, no shifting weight…ever.
- Goes around the full perimeter of your blanket to keep your Gravid 3.0 Weighted Blanket perfectly attached to its cover. No sagging, no bunching.
To find out more about Gravid and their products make sure to visit them here…
Disclosure: MomMomOnTheGo was provided product for the purpose of conducting this review. As always, MomMomOnTheGo only supports companies, products, and services that she loves.