Did you know the mission of Polar Bears International is to conserve polar bears and the sea ice they depend on? Through media, science and advocacy, the team works to inspire people to care about the Arctic, the threats to its future, and the connection between the Arctic and our global climate.
This Father’s Day, give Dad the gift of conservation by supporting Polar Bears International protect polar bears and the sea ice they depend on! Adopt a polar bear on behalf of Dad and together, you will both support Polar Bears International’s research, education and action efforts.
When adopting a polar bear, you will be sent:
- A personalized certificate with photo by wildlife photographer, Daniel J. Cox
- PBI Sticker
- An issue of the Tundra Times Magazine
- One soft and cuddly stuffed polar bear – all bears are made with a soft, furry exterior.
Fun facts on polar bears:
- Polar bears use nose-to-nose communication to talk to other bears and ask for things such as food.
- Seals are the polar bear’s meal of choice.
- Wild polar bears live in Arctic areas in the northern hemisphere including Northern Ontario, and other parts of Northern Canada.
- The largest polar bear recorded was located in Canada and weighed 1,700 pounds!
- Churchill, Manitoba is considered the Polar Bear Capital of the World.
- Melting ice is preventing polar bears from reaching their food source, and is the main reason they are an at-risk species.
- Educational opportunities to learn more about polar bear species including live chats are available at polarbearsinternational.org.
To find out more, make sure to check out Polar Bears International here…
Leave a Reply